Horsenden is a delightful and peaceful village some one-mile from the railway station, secluded at the end of a narrow country lane. It was here that the Grubb family lived from at least 1662, though the present Manor House was not built until 1810. The Manor house is adjacent to the small church of St. Michael, which consists of a chancel built from the remains of a previous larger building. It is to a former Rector, Edward Stone, that we owe the benefit of aspirin, the active ingredient of the Willow bark, with which he treated his ague. Also in Horsenden Lane are The Windsor Playing Fields where Risborough Rangers Football Club, the Risborough Cricket Club and Horsenden Lawn Tennis Club meet. The Phoenix Cycle Trail passes through Horsenden.